There are numerous aspects that require a sustainable approach when dealing with living in traditional buildings and maintaining them for future generations. A representative sample is shown below.
Advice can be provided on the following:
- Pre-purchase advice for listed buildings
- Historical development/building history for owner interest or local authority requirement
- Design and Access Statements/Heritage Statements, Statements of Significance for Planning
- Site attendance at local authority site meetings
- Repair advice for walls, roofs, floors, chimneys, window/door joinery issues
- Lime renders and plasters - when and where to use and how to obtain
- Heating for traditional buildings
- Understanding 'breathability' and 'thermal store' technology for walls and floors
- Damp and how to cure
- Renewables - when and where to locate them on buildings
- Green Deal advice for old buildings
Please contact me to book an appointment for specific, on-site advice and follow-up report.
Fees are modest and are designed mainly to cover mileage and printing costs.
Advice can be offered in Shropshire, the Welsh Borders, North and Mid Wales.